10 ways to create a toxic workplace with high turnover
- Hire a CEO who views people merely as assets.
- Train your supervisors to be inflexible.
- Do not communicate important company information to your employees.
- Advertise work/life balance in your recruiting brochures and career website but don’t actually practice it in real life.
- Utilize the HR department as a paper processing and legal compliance function only.
- Do not hire any HR professionals who understand the strategic and financial benefits of creating a great workplace.
- Keep the HR director far, far away from the CEO.
- Have the HR department report to the CFO.
- Make commitments to employees and don’t keep them.
- Don’t tell the truth or gloss over bad news. That way employees won’t trust management.
There are surely many more steps to create a toxic workplace with high turnover. Do you have any suggestions?
Image Credit: “Revolving Door” by Nancy Calef