- Executives park their Bentley’s, Ferrari’s, Maserati’s, etc. in reserved parking spaces.
- Employees are discouraged from using the executive wash rooms.
- The company actually has executive wash rooms.
- Managers who utilize fear and intimidation get promoted.
- Brown-nosing is considered the 9th Habit of Highly Effective People.
- Work/Life balance means work happens between 9 to 5 and life happens between 5 to 9, no exceptions.*
- Employees must check with their boss before leaving their cubicle, including restroom breaks.
- The company’s recruiting brochure advertises work/life balance, yet supervisors don’t believe in it.
- Working from a home office, Starbuck’s, or any other alternative space is forbidden, except on Sundays.
- Most employees have never met the CEO because she lives in her executive office suite, company car or corporate jet.
- The CEO receives multi-million dollar bonuses and stock options while employees receive 2% merit increases.
- Employees receive company news by searching the Internet or watching the local or network news.
- Employees spend much of their time in trivial meetings while work is piling up at their desk.
* Exception to no exceptions: Employees may be required to work late on weekdays or on Saturdays and Sundays.
You may have some more signs your company culture needs an extreme makeover. Looking forward to your comments.