Eleven steps to job burn-out
Below are eleven steps to burn-out in your job or career:
- Never take any vacation because you want to brag to everyone in the office that you never take any vacation.
- Arrive at the office early and stay late, regardless if you actually have work to do.
- Eat lunch at your desk every day.
- Never say the word no.
- Be a perfectionist that cannot accept making mistakes and avoids them at all cost.
- Work for a perfectionist who expects everything to be perfect.
- Stay inside your cubicle most of the day, except for restroom breaks and to warm your lunch in the microwave.
- When you are sick with the stomach flu and vomiting every 10 minutes, make sure you are at your cubicle by 8:00 a.m. with plenty of barf bags.
- Avoid continuing education opportunities or chances to learn new skills.
- Put your job before your family and faith.
- Expect your employer to be loyal to you until you retire, or die, whichever comes first. Although we have an idea which one will come first.