People will come to understand that having a great workplace is not optional anymore and has instead become essential. The urgency for leaders to take action now is to get there before their competitors do.
-Robert Levering, Great Place to Work® Co-Founder, as quoted in Fast Company
The Great Place to Work® Institute provides a wealth of information for employees, leaders, business owners and CEO’s who want a great workplace as a means to guarantee winning. The movement is so much more than what is great about their workplaces.
The psycho-financial science behind the great place to work movement is about building great, enduring companies that provide returns to owners, leaders, investors, communities, and yes, the employees. Below is a small sampling of benefits directly related to the 2014 Best Places to Work in America.
7 Keys to a Great Business & Workplace
- A strong company culture is critical to business success.
- Employee development is a top strategic priority.
- Revenue has risen an average of 7.8% over the past 12 months and 22.2% over the past 24 months.
- Number of employees at the 2014 100 Best Companies increased by a reported average of 6.2% over the past 12 months and 15.6% over the past 24 months—nearly five times the rate of U.S. companies overall in the same two-year period.
- The study showed organizations built on strong foundation of trust are far better able to navigate uncertain times of financial hardship.
- Leveraging culture and employee development has proven itself to be much more than “fluffy” stuff.
- There is a clear connection between a Great Place to Work and strong business performance.